May 24, 2005

I'm reduced

[I only wish I were!]

But no, I'm reduced to filing. My cart is empty (which is a good thing!) except for stuff that isn't in our local database, so I need to bring some records from OCLC over. But here's the problem:
"05/24/2005 10:05:27 AM

OCLC is currently experiencing system problems that may affect the following services: WorldCat Resource Sharing, ILLiad systems, FirstSearch, Connexion Browser, Connexion Client, OCLC CatME, OCLC CJK, OCLC Union List, OCLC Passport, WorldCat Collection Analysis, WorldCat Partner Program, Group Catalogs, and Z39.50 Cataloging. OCLC is working on the resolution to this problem. We will keep you updated on the status. We apologize for the inconvenience this connectivity issue is causing our users." [my highlights]
What that means, in non-jargon, is that I'm screwed.

So I'm filing. I don't have that much paperwork, but over time it does accrue. So here I go. First I have to dig out some manila folders that fit my desk (i.e., not legal size). I actually don't mind doing this, but I'd rather be cataloging.

[Naturally, just as I start filing, I do one last check and discover this update:
"05/24/2005 11:29:16 AM

OCLC systems are again available. The source of the problem remains under investigation. We apologize for the inconveniences these problems have caused our users."
Now, do I file, or catalog? Quite the quandary.
]

No comments:

Post a Comment