September 14, 2005

Weds. impressions (cross post)

Quote(s) of the day:

Most men are within a finger's breadth of being mad. --Diogenes the Cynic



I'm wearing my Ferrari shirt (mine doesn't have the black shoulder stripe), crappy jeans (not quite holey, yet), and my sensible-yet-slightly-S&M-looking-loafers. The look matches my psychotic desk. My list for today, which I wrote up before leaving yesterday, reads:

FIRE-FIGHTING! (at least some of the fires are out now...sigh 2:30 p.m.)
Outlook tasks
Demand order (cards, and cataloging)
CLEAN OFF DESK!!!!! (hah! It is to laugh! 2:30 p.m.)



Allergies suck. My eyes hurt. I hate corn, and mold. Yes, I'm at that point in the year, already, where I'm secretly (or not so much!) pleading for a frost to kill all the allergens outside.



I've been listening to Amy's mix-discs for me in the car the past two days. She's good. Very good. The one today had me thinking: Imagine a jam session with Carlos Santana, Slash, and Eddie Van Halen. If we want to be fanciful, we could add Jimi Hendrix. Would that not just be really cool??


You know how company trucks all have ID numbers so when you call to complain about drivers you can be specific? The number is usually something like P8EB. I drove into town this morning behind an SBC truck with this as its ID: L0ST. Which explains a lot, I think, in just so many many ways.


Quote(s) of the day:

To be amused by what you read--that is the great spring of happy quotations. --C.E. Montague



More coherence later....perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment