Random House—Marcia Purcell
Remember Me when I’m Gone (Brief History of the Dead)Holtzbrink—Talia Ross
Black Swan Green (adult & YA)
(Nando Perato ?sp)
Man of My Dreams
(about Poe with Pearl)
----the Light Backwards
Date with a Perfect Stranger / Dinner with a Perfect Stranger
(new Barack Obama bio)
(new Bill Bryson book)
King of Lies (Jon Hart)And so on…we left at this point. We thought Nancy Pearl would be speaking, not 4 editors touting their upcoming lists. We can find this information in Booklist or elsewhere.
Sequence (Laurie? Andrews)
Still Life (Louise Penny)
Darkest Place (Daniel Judson)
Heart of the World (Linda Barnes)
No Nest for the Wicked (Donna Andrews)
Highly Effective Detective (Richard Yancey)
LUNCHEON -- EBSCO, Colonnade Hotel – Wednesday 3/22
Jefferson County/Johnson County PL uses it (try it out there)
immediate email sent when subscription is placed by patron
new book paired with older title
over 20 newsletters: fiction & nonfiction
we see lists 2 months in advance!
can be edited by us (add/delete)
can create from scratch
links to BT for easy ordering
can add library events & information
reports subscribers, clicks, views
Literary Reference Center
partners with several non-Gale publishers like MasterPlots, Bloom (Chelsea House)
designed for public libraries
roughly the same price as Gale’s LRC
90% of the articles are full-text
Consumer Health Complete
Health Library—individual fact sheets on a specific issue
AMA, Mayo, DK, Royal Society of Medicine
Opening General Session, Linda Ellerbee – Wednesday 3/22
1. When all else fails, do it your own way.
2. Face a new challenge with a new solution—“He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality.” (Anwar Sadat)
3. You must always set a place at the table for the unexpected guest; the easier a change is, the less important it is.
4. Just because everything has changed doesn’t mean it’s different.
5. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can.