- A long list of proxies for people who are blocked out of the internet, or who want to block their location for any reason
- Free blog templates
- I'm very intrigued by the concept of Social OPACs, or SOPACs. The idea of allowing patrons to tag the catalog appeals to me
- Weeding, every librarian's nightmare...here's help
- Can we find a way to provide RSS feeds to updates in our catalog, perhaps via Yahoo Pipes?
I agree with lalcorn at Librarian's Rant that this is the best headline in quite a while
Librarian in Black has the usual long collection:
- Cool new resource for mystery readers. I could move in there for a few weeks at least
- Consumer Reports did a report (awhile back now) on the best-buys in prescription drugs
- People drop their kids at the library all the time. Libraries need policies on how to handle these sitautions, and there is a sort of clearinghouse for this. Thank goodness
- More stuff on social networking in the library
- Dopey DOPA is back...sigh....
- Utne Reader has begun a library column
- What works with what...in downloadable books
- More--LOTS!!--on collection development and weeding. Tons of stuff here
- These guys are trying out all kinds of stuff with their OPAC, trying to get the public as up to speed as the library staff
- The British Library has redone their website
- Is there a real social networking site in the States like this one in India and the Far East
- Most cameras in libraries are watching the patrons. This library installed one to watch the staff
- Google Reader is trying to usurp Bloglines' place in the world of blogs. [Personally, I still prefer Bloglines, but if Google can make using their product WAY less annoying, I'd switch. As of now, though, I'm headed off after this post to cancel the 10 or so feeds I've been using there. Icky.]
- As shocking as this is, the FBI actually misused the Patriot Act. Go figure.
- The library is the same as jail?
- 2007's bling technology, and...
- 2007's web predictions (yeah, I'm a little behind), AND...
- The top stories of 2006. So many I've already filed in the remainder bin
- I do love my lists, and here are a bunch for my other love: librariana
- Why people should love their librarian (NOT in the romantic sense, thank-you-very-much!)
- And why we librarians should get on our soapboxes