May 16, 2005

Politics

I wrote this post before I checked WOTD and QOTD.... Sometimes life is just eerie.

Word of the day: camarilla \kam-uh-RIL-uh; -REE-yuh\, noun:
A group of secret and often scheming advisers, as of a king; a cabal or clique.
Quote(s) of the day:
"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'." --Larry Hardiman

Here's the deal: I've now edited those posts that mention the not-so-mighty by name, occluding her name and the name of the city. I've also removed the names of other playas.

If these posts annoy you and you think I'm ...whatever... Hey, just deal. I've been called that, and worse. If you don't like what I say, don't read me. If you have a different opinion you'd like to espouse, sign up for a blog: they're free and any moron can use Blogger.

I originally posted the news articles for the following reasons:
1) It's always fun to watch hubris being caught in action. And, Remember Caesar's wife.
2) It's especially easy to carp from the sidelines. Hey, I'm honest, right? I certainly don't think the person in question is Evil Queen of the Universe; I think she's a poor manager, and I think the library board is in need of some ethics-counseling, and I think it's a mess and reflects badly on libraries as a whole. Like more bad PR for the flacks who hate libraries already.
3) I've worked for a much-more-dishonest and psycho boss than this, but with some of the same characteristics. Call it picking at a scab, or maybe glee that I'm not personally involved this time.
4) Some of my readers are also interested in the story, and I can post rather than email.
5) Some days I just need something to talk about on the blog.
I think in all of the posting I've done on the issue, I've made one comment about the not-so-mighty one herself, which I consider catty, and I've removed it. Otherwise, I think I've kept my snipy/catty/bitchy editorial comments offsite.

So, my suggestion that is anyone in a position of power (or management) by default puts herself Out There as a target. If she can't stand the heat, she shouldn't make stupid mistakes with credit cards. Surely I'm not the only one sniggling. And I know I'm doing less of it that a lot of people, with less of a mean heart. I feel for her as a person, I feel really badly for her family, but hey "If you do the crime, you better be ready to do the time."



By the way: Happy Monday. It's cold and I'm in a blind panic about the fact that company is arriving in less than two weeks and we've got about 6 weeks of projects to finish before then, and I have loads of stuff to do at work. Where's the Xanax??

No comments:

Post a Comment